Green laundry tips
Every time we start the washing machine, we spend about 150 liters of water, pour chemicals down the drain and waste electricity. But there are some simple ways to do laundry in a more sustainable way:
- Wash clothes only when really dirty. It is an obvious advice, but few people practice it.
- Wash occasionally by hand, using Casa Kiriko’s hand wash detergent. You’ll spend much less electricity and water and – incidentally – you’ll get aware of all the clothes you wash.
- Do not use the dryer.
- Use less detergent. With the laundry detergents, whether liquid or powder, by Casa Kiriko you won’t need more than a is sufficient to have a scoop.
- Wash only full loads. It makes no sense to put the washer for 2 socks.
- Wash at low temperature.
- Do not use tumble dryer sheets.
- Get yourself a washing machine with high rating in energy efficiency.