Essential tips for summer hair care
It is true that the texture and color rather suffer with prolonged exposure to solar radiation, but with these simple and easy tips you’ll manage to keep your hair hydrated, shiny and healthy throughout the summer.
1. Before your vacation in the sun:
- Get your hair trimmed.
- Avoid to dye it before or during your vacation. But if you do, choose a tinting lotion without ammonia.
2. Before spending the day on the beach or in the pool:
- If you have long hair do it up in a side braid using a fabric tie.
- Protect your sculp: avoid styles that part your hair.
3. At the beach or pool
- Wear a hat or head scarf.
- Clarify your hair with clean water after each bath in the sea or the pool.
4. After a day at the beach or pool:
- Wash your hair with our Navinia Shampoo with Conditioner to remove sand, salt or chlorine.
- Use oil to moisturize your hair after washing.
- Do not use a dryer or straightener.
- Pamper your hair now and then with a homemade mask (eg made from avocado or banana and honey).
We are what we eat. A balanced diet helps to have better and healthier skin, which includes the scalp. The more nutrients the nicer your hair will grow. Increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables, especially carrots, tomatoes, peaches…
Enjoy your holiday!